The Chehalis Community Renaissance Team (CCRT) is gearing up to Make Our Mark on Downtown Benches! In cooperation with the City of Chehalis, CCRT is seeking proposals for designs that will be painted on three new wooden benches to be placed in new locations in Downtown Chehalis. These benches will be blank canvases for colorful art in downtown, and in the end will offer a great spot to relax, read, or enjoy a chat with a friend. In July during ChehalisFest, these benches will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. This is a pilot program with the intent to continue with three new art benches each year. The goal of the program is to bring original art to ordinary public benches; making art a part of everyone’s daily life and making Downtown Chehalis a more beautiful place to be.
CCRT is asking artists to submit up to three design ideas, incorporating specific themes targeted by our CCRT Design Committee.
– Railroads – Nature (i.e. mountains, rivers, forests, etc.)
– Area History/Historic people – Weather (i.e. sunshine, clouds, raindrops, etc.)
– Western – Wildlife (butterfly, deer, elk, fish, birds, etc.)
– Agriculture – Local culture (reading, dancing, music, etc.)
These colorful designs should represent aspects of our Chehalis community and its unique character. Artists do not need to have previous experience in a similar project, but are expected to possess the skills and expertise to create an artistic bench design. Those chosen for the project will be paid $250 for each bench they paint, up to three benches. The artist will be responsible for all costs associated with creation of the mural including materials.
To be considered for the project, please submit the following by March 14, 2018:
– Basic Information. Provide your name, mailing address, phone number and email.
– Artist Profile. Tell us about yourself! Submit a short bio outlining your experience as an artist. Include a
concept and vision for your bench artwork.
– Artist Skills and Qualifications. Identify your specific skill set and qualifications that you will utilize to
create this artwork.
– Artist Reference and Experience. Submit a minimum of three, but no more than five, examples of your
artwork in PDF or JPEG format.
– Submit Instructions. Please submit the information requested to email@example.com by the submission deadline of March 14, 2018. Selected artist will be announced March 23, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in our project, and for your interest in a beautiful, vibrant downtown Chehalis! We look forward to receiving your submission. Please email questions regarding this
project to CCRT Executive Director, Annalee Tobey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chehalis Community Renaissance Team accomplishes projects and activities to make the Chehalis area a more attractive place in which in live and raise a family; to enhance job opportunities and the involvement of youth, so more high school and college graduates choose to live in the area; to increase tourism to support local retailers, hotels and restaurants; and to increase retail business to enhance local shopping.